The Nintendo Direct this morning reflected on different ways Nintendo plans on promoting the 30th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda series. For the remainder of the year Nintendo is planning different promotions and offers for the popular series. Nintendo is rolling out a diverse range of different things, from amiibos to DLC content, there should be something for everyone.
- Nintendo is planning on releasing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on the Wii U console. This version will be a port of the Wii original, and makes it’s way to the Virtual Console today, downloadable from the Wii U eShop.
- Nintendo is releasing four new Zelda Amiibos, in celebration of the series 30th anniversary. The Zelda Amiibos include: 8-Bit Link, Ocarina of Time Link and a two-pack that includes both Toon Link and Toon Zelda from the Wind Waker. These amiibos work the same as the Super Smash Bros Link, Toon Link and Zelda amiibo, and Nintendo says they’ll have special functionality in The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild when it releases next year.
- Nintendo is releasing DLC Pack 3 For Hyrule Warriors Legends on the Nintendo 3DS. The new DLC will include a new playable character, battle map and weapon for Link.
- Nintendo also mentioned that the NES Classic Edition that launches on November 11th 2016 will also include the original Zelda game in it’s 30 game lineup.
- Nintendo also revealed details on the Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts collectors book being published by Dark Horse. One interesting detail was that the book will contain over 2000 pieces of art from the Zelda series.
What do you think, do these promotions above get you excited for Zelda’s 30th anniversary? Let us know in the comments below.