The Next Entry Into the Popular Dungeon Crawling RPG Releases in Japan on August 2nd, 2018!
Today Atlus announced Etrain Odyssey X for the 3DS. First reported by Gematsu.com, the game will feature a variety of new job classes for the player’s character’s & party. The game is just one of many games the Japanese publisher plans on releasing this year on Nintendo 3D portable. There’s still no word on if Atlus plans on bringing Etrain Odyssey X to North America or Europe.
First Trailer – Etrain Odyssey X for Nintendo 3DS
Official Press Release & Game Details via Atlus website:
Adventurers all over the world. Gather in the flying city of “Maginia,” and aim for the treasure on the remote island in the distant sea.
Under the decree of Princess Persephone, adventurers gathered in the flying city of “Maginia.” Wealth, honor, and possibly unknown adventure lies dormant in “Lemuria.” Keep your pride in your heart, and move forward—.
A Crossover of Classes
Create your party from 19 classes, including every class from previous Etrian Odyssey games and the brand-new “Hero” class. The full list is as follows:
- Hero (New)
- Prince / Princess
- War Magus
Many untrodden labyrinths lie dormant in the new setting of “Lemuria, the Remote Island of the Distant Sea.” The volume of the game is the greatest in the series thus far. Draw maps to your heart’s content! Can you solve the mystery of an ancient civilization?
A crossover of the series’ systems make for the highest quality game. Systems include character creation, sub-classes, Force Burst / Force Break, and difficulty levels. Systems unique to the series such as drawing maps with the stylus are also present.
First-Print Purchase Bonus
First-print purchases for Etrian Odyssey X will include the “New Adventurers Illustration Pack” downloadable content, which contains five class illustrations from guest illustrators. The full list is as follows:
- Shigatake – Illustration Theme: Farmer
- Yuki Takahata (FLIPFLOPs) – Illustration THeme: Gunner
- Shirow Miwa – Illustration Theme: Nightseeker
- Mota – Illustration Theme: Medic
- Shigenori Soejima – Illustration Theme: Project Re Fantasy (Special Collaboration)
- Director: Shigeo Komori (Etrian Odyssey series, Etrian Odyssey Untold series, etc.)
- Character Design: Yuji Himukai (Etrian Odyssey series, Yoshinaga-san Chi no Gargoyle, etc.)
- Composer: Yuzo Koshiro (Ys, ActRaiser, Etrian Odyssey series, etc.)
- Monster Design: Shin Nagasawa (Etrian Odyssey, etc.)
Visit the Japanese Etrain Odyssey X for the Nintendo 3DS website here.