Splatoon Game DetailsOur Splatoon video game profile, with videos, screenshots, articles and other Splatoon game info.
Game Name : Splatoon
Release Date : 05/29/2015
Publisher : Nintendo
Developer : Nintendo
Official Game Website :
Genre : Action, Shooter
Players : 1 - 2 Players Local, 8 Players Online
System : Wii U
Also On : Only on Wii U
Review Score : N/A
ASIN : B00KWFCV32
Official Game Description
This game made the top 10 in our Fan Faves 2015 survey! Learn more >
Splatter enemies and claim your turf as the ink-spewing, squid-like characters called Inklings in Nintendo’s new third-person action shooter game for the Wii U console.
Compete in four-on-four matches, in which the goal is to get your ink on as many places as possible and claim your turf, all while strategically submerging yourself in your team’s colors and blasting your enemies. This is a colorful and chaotic online third-person action shooter – exclusively on Wii U.
New weapons, modes, maps, gear, and more have been added to Splatoon, with more rolling out through summer 2015. Plus, regularly scheduled Splatfest events let you choose a side and battle your way to victory with other players around the world!
Online* team matchmaking:
- Create a squid squad with your friends in Squad Battle mode.
- Join up to seven friends in Private Battles—you choose the map and the rules.
- Get teamed up with other players for 4 vs. 4 matches in Turf War or Ranked Battle modes.
- Ramp up the intensity with Ranked Battle modes which include three rotating modes: Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker
- Play to win and boost your player ranking or level, or get in-game currency to spend on gear upgrades.
Think while you ink
- Strategy is everything. Defeat enemies to splatter them in an explosion of ink, covering more turf for your team. But choose wisely: Players who only go after the enemy might find their turf redecorated in their enemies’ colors.
- Refill ink tanks, hide from opponents or move faster by turning into a squid and diving intoink with the tap of a button.
- Covering more territory with ink unlocks powered-up super weapons that can be used to attack rivals or cover more turf.
More ways to play
- Select between multiple control options on the Wii U GamePad controller, including using gyroscopic controls to look around, allowing for better aiming and control.
- Hone your skills in Octo Valley, the single-player mode that will have you inking, splatting, and squidding through platforming puzzles as you take on the Octarian army.
- Battle a friend one-on-one at home in a balloon-splatting contest in Battle Dojo.
Splatoon Screenshots :
Splatoon Trailers & Videos
Splatoon Screenshot / Photo Gallery
Splatoon Walkthroughs & Cheats
Splatoon DLC (Digital Download Content) Content
Related Articles For Splatoon
Win a Nintendo NX During ESL Splatoon Tournament 2017
Nintendo Reveals Splatoon For The Wii U
Splatoon Test Fire Demo Back On Wii U