Pokemon Go is now available on the Apple Watch, reported today via the Pokemon Go website. The Apple Watch opens a variety of new ways to interact with the Pokemon Go app. For instance, a quick tap on the Apple Watch can help you discover nearby Pokemon and items available at PokeStops. Discovered Pokemon still have to be captured using a iPhone. You can also log your play sessions using the Apple Watch for a Workout that will count towards your personal Activity rings – which will also count distance towards hatching a Pokemon Egg.
Here’s a list of the different features supported by the Apple Watch & Pokemon Go
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
Yesterday Niantic had a limited supply of Pokemon Go Plus accessories, which we’re sold via their online store. The supply was sold out in a matter of hours, making the Apple Watch announcement even more relevant. Many of the features supported by the Apple Watch are included in the Pokmeon Go Plus accessory. What do you think? Do you own an Apple Watch that you plan on using with Pokemon Go? Let us know using the comments below.