13AM Game- best known for their hit indie game Runbow, announced a new game today called Double Cross. Releasing on the Nintendo Switch & PC, Double Cross is another platformer for Nintendo’s hybrid console. This is also another indie releasing on the Switch as a console exclusive – minus the PC release. Double Cross doesn’t have a definite release date set, but the developer did announce that the game should release sometime this summer (2018). Attendees at PAX East 2018 can try out Double Cross from April 5th – 8th. You can watch the announcement trailer below.
Double Cross Game Details (Switch & PC)
- Players can custom tailor their play style by collecting Upgradium
and using it to level up and unlock equippable RIFT agent gear.
- Adventure-game style investigation system and upgrade system
that allows players to choose how and in what order they play levels
- A unique “Proton Slinger” mechanic that allows diversity of movement
throughout levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies
- Varied and upgradeable attacks and combos
- An intricate story engages players as they solve an interdimensional
mystery with a diverse cast of characters
- Slick 2D HD art that draws upon traditional gaming and anime style