Dr. Mario 64 Game DetailsOur video game database for Dr. Mario 64. Find info like box art, release date, screenshots and more.
Game Name : Dr. Mario 64
Release Date : 04/08/2001
Publisher : Nintendo
Developer : Nintendo
Official Game Website :
Genre : Puzzle
Players : 1 - 4 Players
System : Nintendo 64
Also On : Wii Shop Channel (Download Only)
Review Score : N/A
UPC : 0 45496 87093 5
ASIN : B00005AQRH
Official Game Description
Dr. Mario 64 released at the very end of the Nintendo 64’s life. I remember paying only $29.99 at Funcoland in 2001. I was surprised by the price, having been use to paying sometimes $60 for a brand new N64 game. Dr. Mario 64 wasn’t the greatest puzzle game on the 64, but was a fine and welcomed addition to the final days of the N64. ~ NintenFan Editor Matt
Like its predecessor, Dr. Mario 64 is a falling block tile-matching video game. The playing field is represented on-screen as a medicine bottle populated with viruses of three colors: red, blue, and yellow. The main objective of the game to clear the playing field of all the viruses using two-colored medical capsules dropped into the bottle. The player manipulates the capsules as they fall, moving them left or right and rotating such that they are positioned alongside the viruses and any existing capsules. When four or more capsule halves or viruses of the same colour are aligned in horizontal or vertical configurations, they are removed from play. The player receives a game over if the playing field fills up with capsules such that they obstruct the bottle’s narrow neck. Points are awarded when viruses are destroyed.
There are several single-player modes present in the game:
- Classic – This mode features a similar set-up and design to the original Dr. Mario game.
- Story – In this mode the player may take control of either Dr. Mario or Wario to track down the stolen Megavitamins, battling computer players on the way.
- Vs. Computer – In this mode the player may battle against the computer as any character the player has played as or fought against.
- Flash – In this mode the player must eliminate three particular flashing viruses faster than the computer can.
- Marathon – This mode consists of a never-ending rising field of viruses which does not end until the player quits or loses.
- Score Attack – In this mode the player is given three minutes to clear all of the viruses as well as get a high score.
Some modes are available for two players to play simultaneously:
- 2-Player Versus – Two players can battle against one another.
- Flash – Two players race to eliminate three particular flashing viruses before the other player can.
- Score Attack – Two players try to get the most points in a three-minute time period.
A “Multiplayer” mode exists as well which allows four people to play at once.
Dr. Mario 64 Screenshots :
Dr. Mario 64 Trailers & Videos
No Videos Available for Dr. Mario 64.
We’re working hard at coming up with some good videos for Dr. Mario 64.
Dr. Mario 64 Screenshot / Photo Gallery
No screenshot gallery available for Dr. Mario 64.
We’re always looking for original video game screenshots. Our Dr. Mario 64 video game database profile page needs some additional screen pics. Please use the contact form below to submit any Dr. Mario 64 screenshots that aren’t copyrighted. We’ll add credit info to any you submit. Thank You!
Dr. Mario 64 Walkthroughs & Cheats
No walkthroughs or cheats found for Dr. Mario 64.
If you’d like to submit a known cheat or walkthrough for Dr. Mario 64 please use the contact form below. Thank you!
Dr. Mario 64 DLC (Digital Download Content) Content
No DLC content available for Dr. Mario 64 because it’s to old. The limited applications of online functions for the N64 we’re mainly centered on the N64 DD add-on.
Related Articles For Dr. Mario 64
No Article Found