Today THQ Nordic announced via an emailed press release news of the latest update for Titan Quest. Starting today a new massive update will take affect for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners of Titan Quest. The latest update will bring local couch co-op to the game, a feature long requested by fans of the game. THQ Nordic also confirmed that the Nintendo Switch version of Titan Quest will feature the update automatically when the game releases on July 31st. You can read the official press release along with a new changelog for the game.
Heroes who slay together, stay together
Vienna, Austria, June 27th, 2018: Couch co-op multiplayer has finally come to Titan Quest. THQ Nordic is pleased to confirm the much-requested feature headlines a massive new update for Titan Quest, now available for all players on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X.
Couch co-op multiplayer, along with all the other additions from today’s update, will also be available from launch when Titan Quest releases on Nintendo Switch™ on July 31st. Please check the changelog below.
- New Multiplayer mode – split-screen added
- Resizing of multiple UIs for better readability
- Performance improvement
- Many stability fixes, especially in multiplayer mode
- Lots of UI fixes and tweaks
- Gameplay fixes and tweaks from current Steam PC branch integrated
- Fixed loot falling through ground – if detected it will teleport the loot at the player’s feet
- Reworked streaming system and preloading to prevent seeing things pop in. This is still WIP for networking modes, so the old system is still in place there
- Fixed bugs where characters could get visually corrupted until reset (e.g. when frozen by certain enemies)
- Difficulty now no longer resets incorrectly in menus
- When a player is trapped by a net or a similar effect, the player can now attack and trigger other skills
- Fixed a bug where the enchanter would consume the entire stack instead of the required amount
- Fixed issue where some achievements would fire incorrectly in multiplayerOrder the Titan Quest Standard or Collector’s Edition here: https://www.titanquestgame.com/#order-here
About Titan Quest
From Age of Empires co-creator Brian Sullivan and Braveheart writer Randall Wallace comes an action role playing game set in ancient Greece, Egypt and Asia. The Titans have escaped their eternal prison, wreaking havoc upon the earth. The gods seek a hero who can turn the tide in an epic struggle that will determine the fate of both men and gods. Are you ready for the quest?
- Explore The Ancient World – Unlock arcane mysteries as you journey to legendary locations
- Conquer Monsters Of Legend – Battle mythical beasts in a story-driven campaign that will determine the fate of all existence
- Highly Customizable Characters – Build and customize your characters with 28 classes and over 1,000 pieces of unique and legendary items to create the ultimate champion
- Online Multiplayer – Challenge others to experience the story in fast-action, 2-6 player online cooperative gameplay
- Console Controls & UI – Tailor made UI and controls for a perfect ARPG experience on Nintendo Switch
- Remastered Graphics – Fully reworked textures for an up-to-date Titan Quest experience
SOURCE: Press Release via Email